Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Broderyck Turned Three!!!

Broderyck turned three on August 16.

For his birthday I whipped out some Woopie Pies from the Vegan Junkfood Cookbook (www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1440528977)
by Lane Gold (instagram @lane_gold)
(it's an amazing book if you don't have it, you should!)

I made both the chocolate mint and the red velvet. Good thing I sent Cass in for this picture or else I would have been photo less. The Chocolate Mint ones were basically gone before I even got to eat one. Mind you I made like 40 pies total, seems as though everyone had at least two!!

Our family are the only vegans so it was nice to get a bunch of compliments about the dessert, no one really thought about them being "vegan" they just thought about the deliciousness. 

I made one giant one for Brody to use as his candle holding personal cake.
Needless to say.....he loved it. 




1 comment:

  1. You inspire me! I have 5 kids that range from 17 down to 4. Only my husband and I and my oldest son are vegetarian. But we're really trying to learn as much about being vegan as we can so we can successfully switch.

    ReplyDelete