Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frisch: Compassionate Eatery

Tonight for dinner we made a journey to Salt Lake right after work, our destination to be Frisch, a local restaurant which was opened in Spring of 2012. This eatery has been a place that Cass has been dying to try after hearing about it on Geekshow Podcast. Luckily they are open until seven pm on Wednesdays and we had time to make it downtown after work. 

The menu is pretty small so it wasn't too hard to make a decision on what we wanted, I was stuck between the nachos and the mac and cheeze, and luckily Cass wanted nachos which made the decision that much easier. 
For starters I had an iced hybiscus tea, and we had an appetizer plate of veggies, pita bread and white bean chili dip. It was particularly good with the pita chips, the seasoning adds just the right.........zingyness?

Our main meals came next: nachos with rice, vegan cheese sauce and spicy soy chick'n for Cass, $8.50 including a dollar fifty upgrade for the chick'n.  Spicy mac & cheeze for me (Spicy because of the aforementioned spicy chick'n, no additional cost)
and a kids mac and cheeze for Brody (which by the way was awesome, I love when vegan restaurants have kids menus, I like it even more when they are $4 and come with a side). Dude literally devoured his miniature mac & cheese.
Of course we couldn't get the boy to stop eating long enough to get a proper picture.

We also had Cass's sister, Whitney and his Mom with us (who are both non-vegan but enjoyed the trip as much as we did) they both had wraps which they really liked. My mother had The Obligatory Veggie Wrap, hummus and assorted veggies and my sister had The "Fancy Boy" Spicy Chick'n and veggies with vegan chipotle mayo. 

I had to stop eating about halfway through my dinner because I spied a Dillo (Kylie has always said it just as it's spelled [Dill-o] but the waitress said it as if with a spanish accent [Dee-yo] now I don't know what the hell to call 'em, I'm just going to mumble until I see a vegan twinkie in front of me) on a table across the room and sensed that there must be dessert options...which prompted me to order a delicious marble cake with a custard center and great frosting. It's true, it was great.

"tis better to take home food and have cake, than to not have any cake at all"

Overall this was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be going back. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment